Coming to Hamilton via the United States?  We are within a one hour drive from the U.S. border, including Niagara Falls and Fort Erie which are both under 85 km (52 mi) away.


U.S. Visitors to Canada/Canadian Visitors to U.S.:

Be prepared to verify your CITIZENSHIP (place of birth) and IDENTITY (photo I.D.) with such documents as Passport, Enhanced Drivers Licence, NEXUS/FAST card, Naturalization Certificate, Visa or Green Card, Baptismal Certificate, Citizenship Card, Record of Landing, or Permanent Resident Card.

If you are traveling with children, you should carry identification for each child. Divorced parents, who share custody, should carry copies of the legal custody documents.

Travelers under the age of 18 and unaccompanied by a parent need a letter of permission from a parent or guardian.

Citizens of other Countries:

Must have a valid Passport (and may also require a Visitor’s Visa).

For additional information on exceptions to the standard requirements as well as duty-free limits, please refer to:

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)

U.S. Department of State

Stay in the Know

We’ll send you updates on the best that Hamilton has to offer.